- By Courtney Baldwin
- In 2021 Blog
- Tags Long Island, MDU, Multi Dwelling Units, Renovations, Smart Home Technology, Smart Technology
As an MDU owner, what are your goals?
Perhaps, streamline property management tasks and lower operating costs, attract and retain residents, and even increase rental revenues. Does this seem accurate?
Each year, there has been a significant amount of growth in the MDU industry for sellers. As you may know, accordinging to Parks Associates, MDU residents are a major segment of the US population with 31% of US broadband households (34 million) who live in MDUs.
Consumers between the ages of 25-34 have grown up around technology, with new ideas and innovation arising each day. Where will these consumers want to reside?
65% of MDU builders report their business model leverages smart home technology to differentiate properties and add value. Given these circumstances, Powers ioT strongly believes in the value of smart homes and MDU’s for sellers.
Now is the time for you to stand out from the crowd by optimizing the technology in your buildings.
Luckily for you, Powers ioT of Long Island is here to explain the growing trend along with its benefits.
Top Three Reasons Why MDU Builders Continue To Utilize Smart Technology:
- More efficient property management
- Attracting longer-term residents
- Creating new value
Benefits Of Next-Generation Connectivity Services Explained:
- Smart Thermostats
- Thermostats can identify and prevent freeze conditions from damaging pipes with each unit, minimizing overall risk with frozen pipes
- Tracking smart device data on heating and cooling all year round can also help property managers identify HVAC equipment inefficiency that waste energy and identify the need for equipment maintenance before critical and expensive failures occur
- Smart Lights
- To reduce energy consumption in unoccupied units to drive down monthly property expenses
- Smart Water Leak Detectors
- Smart water leak detectors allow project managers to receive alerts about freeze and flood conditions detected in units and provide the ability to make the appropriate responses such as increasing room temperature to prevent pipe damage from a freeze or entering the property to address issues with water leaks.
Passionate about technology and the smart home industry, Powers ioT of Long Island truly wants to connect with MDU builders to help design, install, and support their property.
What’s In It For You?
Well, as mentioned, the smart technology industry is trending and we believe with this concept implemented, you will notice better ROI for your MDU’s.
Ready To Learn More About How You Can Transform Your MDU Into a Consumer-Loving Residential Space?
We welcome you to schedule a call with one of Powers ioT team members. We look forward to discussing this opportunity more!