- By Courtney Baldwin
- In 2021 Blog
- Tags Developers, Developers Long Island, LI, Long Island, Long Island Business, MDU, Multi Dwelling Units, Renovations, Smart Home Technology, Smart Homes Long Island, Smart Technology, Smart Technology Near Me, Water Leak Detectors, Water Leak Detectors Long Island
Are you interested in learning how you can save time, money, and prevent water leaks in the new year?
One in 50 homes filed a claim for water damage in recent years, accordinging to research by The Insurance Inforamtion Institte. This data averages 30% of all insurance claims to involve water damage, listing water damage as the second-highest number of homeowner insurance claims.
This year, you can protect your home or MDU from water damage by installing smart home technology. Learn how these devices can save you time, money, and prevent water leaks in 2022.
5 Things You Should Know About About Water Leak Detectors For Properties:
- How Does It Work?
- When using a water leak detector, the key is to place them on the ground in a spot where you might experience a leak—around a water heater or laundry room. In this case, the water will make contact with the sensor, triggering it to send a notification to your phone and, for some models, to set off an alarm (Wirecutter).
- What Brands Of Water Leak Detectors Are Available On Long Island?
- What Are The Benefits For A Property Manager?
- Lowering Operating Costs
- A group of 2,306 homes with the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff saw a 96% decrease in paid water damage claims (Cnet)
- Receive alerts about freeze and leak conditions
- Avoid contaminating the entire property with bacteria that can get into water pipes during a leak (Leak Masters)
- Environmentally Friendly
- Water leak detectors provide an opportunity to conserve the water before a leak grows
- What Are The Benefits For Residents?
- Security / Safety
- Avoid Additional Living Costs
- Preventing damage of furniture, people, or technology devices
- What Is The Cost Of Water Leak Detectors?
- The costs of water leak detectors range dependent on brand, size, quantity, and installation. Yet, If you are installing a variety of water leak detectors throughout your MDU, you are guaranteed to lower your operating costs over time.
Interested in a water leak detector quote for your next property? Meet with one of Powers ioT’s Long Island-based Account Representatives today and we will walk you through the details of adding water leak detectors to your apartment, office, or other MDU.